Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Surprise

 After being pregnant for 17 months, our bundle of joy finally arrived on Christmas Eve day.  Little oakley was born early at 37 weeks and 6 days. She weighed 5 lbs. 9 ounces and was 17.6 inches long. My due date was January 8th, so this was a huge Christmas surprise! I was planning on getting induced on the 21st, but the doctor said her lungs were not yet developed, so I would have to wait until he could induce me on January 4th. To our surprise this girl did not want to wait any longer, I went into labor on my own the morning of the 24th and she was born at 12:29 pm............turns out her lungs were perfectly fine and she was healthy as can be. We have never been happier and can not wait to enjoy all the experiences parenting brings! We love you Oakley!!!













Oakley had jaundice the day after she was born. The hospital put her under these "tanning bed lights" to get her levels up. Everyone said. "like mother, like daughter!" I do LOVE to tan!!!








Awe......So sad!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you all! She is so cute! Can't wait to meet her in person. So glad after all the waiting you are able to enjoy this little peanut! We missed you on Christmas Eve, but I think you had a pretty good excuse to miss the party! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the pics of her in her special tanning bed. Noah had a little jaundice too, but not enough for any special treatment. He just looked orange for the first week. So excited that we had our babies before Christmas, and that we get to figure this whole mom thing out together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how do you look so beautiful after just having a baby? You look so pretty in the first picture! I guess mother hood does that to a person. I'm so happy for you. Oakley is adorable and I love her name! We would love to come visit when you are feeling up to it.

    ReplyDelete