Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jalapeno Pepper!

So I had my first melt down yesterday! ( one of many I'm sure). Everything was going okay.... Oakley was a little fussy ( me thinking in my head, " I must have eaten something bad again that she didn't like!") But she calmed down enough for me to take her with me to the clubhouse to get in a few miles, since the gym is not as easy to get to these days. Well, the minute we get home she starts screaming and nothing I did would calm her down. Is it every baby or just mine that has this cry that sounds like a dolphin in major pain, when they are crying so hard!? I tried several times to walk away an let her cry (which by the way always sounds so much easier than it is) but, would you walk away from a dolphin screaming in pain?(Kylee???!!!!) In the mean time, I am trying to get ready because Greg made plans to go bowling with our friends. This wasn't gonna happen in my world. After working with disrespectful teens at a treatment center that called me every name you could possibly think of, along with working as a high school teacher to more teenagers... I didn't think anything could take "this" down! Okay....okay..... I am pretty tough so I think it was the hormones, but I just started crying in frustration! I called Greg and told him I was not going (with Oak screaming in the background)! Greg being the salesman he is ( I mean he did get me to marry him after all) convinces me to get ready and go. He says " I will hold her the whole time....you will not have to do anything!" "We are not letting her control what we do!" hahahah Right!!! So I give in and as soon as we get in the car she falls right to sleep. ( What is it about the car?) We get to the bowling alley and we are talking to our friends, who by the way had us to dinner on Sunday night. We are talking about fussy Oakley and the pain she has been the past 2 days. I then start listing the stuff I ate and my friend Kristi says, "what about the tacos on Sunday?" I was like, "did the meat  have hot peppers in them?" She said, "no but did you put any of the toppings on?" I said yes the lettuse, tomatoes, cheese and a lot of green peppers....but none of that would do anything". Krisit then says " those were not green peppers Cass...those were jalapeno peppers!"  Lesson leanred! While nursing, always ask what everything is before you eat it!

2 comments:

  1. oh, my dear dear cassidy!! You poor thing, my heart completely goes out to you, i remember that all too well! :) And Dustin would cry for no reason at all around the 6 week mark (no matter how much I would keep an eye on my food) but it went away after 7 or 8 weeks. hope you don't have to deal with that! yuck!

    PS you can tell greg that try as you might... that little princess can and will rule your life, as much as you try to fight it! dont worry, its not always a bad thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yeah, letting a baby cry it out is easier said than done! Those babies sure do know how to break a mama's heart!

    Sounds like you are an AWESOME mom. I can't believe you are already running again! Good for you. I didn't start working out again for like 6 months! That's probably why it took me a year to lose the baby weight.

    ReplyDelete